Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Architectual Experience


Architectural Experience




          Before I had architectural experience through assignment and art class, I wasn't really interested in architecture. I knew that the downtown Chicago was famous in architecture. But I didn't look any building closely.

          Blogging about a skyscraper I knew made me to remind about every skyscraper that I encountered in the past. Then I remembered the most famous skyscraper in Malaysia, the PETRONAS Twin Buildings. While doing research on the buildings, I realized that there were interesting facts about those and surprised how much I took granted to look them closely.

           In the class, I saw many skyscrapers in Chicago and their backgrounds, like why were those built in that way. Some skyscrapers were even more interesting than the Chicago's public art. While going back home, I looked my surrounding environment more closely. The structure, the shape, the color and the location of a building approached differently. Buildings were one part of visual entertainment in Chicago! It gave me an opportunity to observe other things too. And I started to question everything and be curious about its existence. For example, why this building is placed in this location and why are there such a large space in front of it.

             Overall, architectural experience gave me the reason to look surroundings closely and made those look interesting.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment