Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Art 21/ Artist V: Jeff Koons


Art 21/ Artist V: Jeff Koons


The reason I chose the video about Jeff Koons is because I was interested in his artwork and wanted to know more about it. And I could clearly remember his works, especially Ballooned Dog, because those were so unique.


The video showed his idea about art clearly. To make it short, for him, art is really powerful. It could embrace viewer's emotions and thoughts. It could empower their feelings. His presented works seem as if he was trying to prove that he was right. From the video, he comments that there is an unchangeable thing for all of his artworks. And that is the reason for making them. That desire to be in that moment of that time when you want to make something, just diving in. That kind of sense of abandonment and just going for it. I was impressed by every single word of his speech. I could feel his proud on his work. He is certain of what he is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment